Note: I came across this on a Metallica fan website and thought it was hilarious. When I first read this, I kept thinking to myself, "Yup, I do that...Yup, I do that, etc." Credit goes to Adam Liang from allmetallica.com. Be sure to check out their website, it's a very cool Metallica fan website.
- Chapter Head Jeff
In the spirit of good fun, I thought I’d rip off a certain comedian’s trademark and use it as a test so you, the reader, can finally determine if you are a huge Metallica fan. Maybe you think you’re a casual fan, now’s you’re chance to find out. So, I present “You Might Be A Huge Metallica Fan If…”
- You could have sworn that book you were reading said “Metallica” and not “metallic.”
- You write out the names of Metallica songs to kill time.
- You’ve contemplated on more than one occasion what songs a Metallica greatest hits album would contain.
- You’ve tried to explain why Metallica isn’t satanic at least once.
- You air guitar in the shower.
- You’ve used James’ onstage mannerisms in your daily life.
- There are more pictures of Metallica in your room than of your family.
- You dedicate a folder in your hard drive specifically for all your Metallica items.
- You can draw the Metallica logo without looking at a picture.
- You know why Kirk puts tape on his hand.
- You cannot stop yourself from commenting when you hear Metallica in a social situation…even if you’re in a room full of strangers.
- You’ve been referred to as “That guy/girl who likes Metallica”
- You feel compelled to grow mutton chops connected to a moustache.
- You feel obligated to mention that there were four albums that came out before The Black Album.
- The word “Napster” fills you with anxiety.
- Your bootleg collection exceeds the number of albums Metallica has actually released.
- You’ve done a school project on Metallica
- You’ve ever gone to a music shop specifically looking for Dunlop Green Tortex guitar pics.
- You hate Dave Mustaine, but can’t spell “Megadeth” correctly.
- Every one of your friends mentions it when Metallica are performing near your city.
- You know how to pronounce “Ktulu”
- Pushead is your artistic role model.
- You know what “Mouldy,” “Plod,” and “F.O.B.D.” are.
- Your first thought when you think of “S&M” is “Metallica.”
- You knew that James sang in South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut
- You visit a Metallica fan site.
- You own a Metallica fan site.
- You write columns for a Metallica fan site!